The Defined STEM Educators blog focuses on innovative teaching and learning strategies, technologies and practices that empower students to build 21st century skills. The mission of our blog is to share the voices and insights of K-12 educators who are passionate about engaging students and inspiring them to learn.
We welcome guest article submissions from teachers, school leaders, bloggers and authors. It’s a bonus if you are familiar with our Defined STEM digital resource but not a requirement.
Guest Posting Guidelines and Policies
For individuals interested in submitting an article, please adhere to the following guidelines:
- Writing style — browse our blog and you’ll see the type of topics and writing style we prefer.
- Article length — we suggest 500-1000 words.
- Write from your own professional experience — The audience is most interested in what they can learn from your experience as an educator.
- Provide sources — and hyperlink them into the piece itself.
- Include original photos if possible — we prefer original/personal photos over stock photos. We especially love photos of students in action within a blog (with proof of permission). If you don’t have an image to provide, we’ll add one for you.
- We ask that these be high res photos that relate to the article, and sized no smaller than 650px wide.
- Include a brief biography — two to four sentences including school district and twitter handle if applicable.
Please submit a draft of your article that meets our guidelines to Maggie_Obrien@DefinedLearning.com for consideration.
Some article topics we are especially interested in:
- Opinion pieces in K-12 EdTech, Learning and Leadership
- Project-Based & Inquiry-Based Learning Practices and Professional Development
- STEM Education
- Career & Technical Education
- Personalized Learning
We reserve the right to edit each piece for grammar, usage, length and style. All original content submitted will remain your intellectual property, however, we reserve the right to use your article on our site and in our newsletters.
For questions regarding guest authoring on the Defined STEM blog, please contact Maggie_Obrien@DefinedLearning.com.